If you are planning an outdoor wedding, then you’ll probably have a tent for holding the reception. If so, then the design and decor within must be considered carefully since you and your guests will be spending a lot of time there. With a few design tricks and beautiful decor, a tent can be transformed into a space fit for royalty. Whether your wedding theme is classic, boho, glamourous, or traditional, a tented space is literally a blank canvas for creating the wedding of your dreams. If you are planning on having a tent at your wedding, then selecting the right type of tent is the first step. Event tents come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and depending on your style, the number of guests, environment, and weather will determine the best option for your wedding.
A wedding planner can help you sort through all the different tent options, but educating yourself on the basics of a tent wedding is a good place to start. The Wedding experts at Flora D’Amore provide you with a breakdown of a few essential styles and decor details to think about to help you create a wonderful tent experience.
Wedding Tents 101
Important details to consider when planning for a tented wedding include:
- Flooring – Many wedding planners consider flooring a must under the tent and for good reason. If it rains, the ground will become very messy and muddy without flooring which could be a disaster.
- Tents Set the Mood – Besides selecting the flooring, there are many other tent design elements to consider in creating a unifying theme, such as the walls, lighting, tabletop decoration, floral decor, and furniture. All of these elements play an important part in creating a defined space and setting the mood you’re seeking.
- Building from Scratch – A tent allows you to create any number of settings without the design limitations you’d find in a rented space with preexisting architecture and structural elements. With a tent, there is no need to have to work around dated, loud carpet patterns, off-color walls, or unfortunately placed recessed or jutting structures. Instead, the walls, lighting fixtures, flooring, and entire space within is yours work with any way you like. You can easily hang chandeliers, floral decor, and drapes, as well as decorate the walls, windows, doors, and empty space as you like. You can also include a dance floor, a lounge area, a bar, a flower wall… the options are endless.
- Season, Time, and Environment – There’s a tent type for any occasion. Spring weddings do well with clear top or opaque top tents. If your wedding takes place in an area with breathtaking views, then choose a tent style so everyone can take it in. Clear tents are perfect for night weddings to see the night sky, but not appropriate for hot summer days. Sailcloth tents are light, airy, and breezy which are perfect for spring but too cool for winter. Make sure the tent fits well with the place, season, and design theme to create a memorable wedding.
Wedding Tent Design Tips:
- Integrate Soft Draping
- Cover tent poles with greenery
- Use hanging floral installations to draw the eye upwards
- Create comfortable seating areas near the dance floors
- Use flowers to craft a lovely entryway
- Bring the outdoors in with natural greens, wildflowers, and berries
- Hang chandeliers, pendants, or copious amounts of draping an extra dose of glamour
- Add elements to the exterior of the tent as well to make it beautiful
- Reserve a space for the band or DJ
- Make sure there is plenty of soft lighting for events that go late into the evening
For exquisitely designed wedding flowers using only the freshest and top-quality florals, choose Flora D’Amore by Stadium Flowers.