Planning a summer wedding here is not the same as in many places; where soaring temperatures challenge couples to keep both flowers and guests well hydrated so they don’t start to wilt. No, in this part of the country July and August are absolutely glorious, with balmy temperatures, lower chance of rain, and stunning outdoor locales for our wedding celebrations.
But as we move into summer months, we do follow the trends that all brides are watching. Here are just a few tips to have the hottest wedding of the year.
- While winter and spring saw muted rose and slate blue as the go-to colors, the return of summertime also heralds the return of vibrant and adventurous color schemes and floral bouquets. Matching bouquets are passe; natural looking and multi-hued wildflowers in a “just picked “ arrangement is the way to go this year.
- Summer is the best time to experiment with tropical and exotic blooms; the carefree nature of the season lends well to these dramatic looks. Orchids are a perennial favorite, and come in a wide spectrum of colors.
- Succulents and non-traditional greens (like eucalyptus leaves) are appealing to brides looking for interesting and unique elements that are both beautiful and different.
- Outdoor backdrops and country settings are so old-school they are cool again; food carts with bite size snacks and wooden barrels stocked with cold drinks make everyone feel at home.
- If your backdrop needs a little extra pizzazz, floral canopies and gazebos frame your ceremony – and your photos – in beautiful style.
Spring is the time to get the details for your summer wedding planned. The floral experts at Flora D’Amore are uniquely trained and qualified to bring the utmost beauty to your wedding celebration. Through artistry and skill, they will ensure that your bridal bouquets and centerpieces will accentuate the ambiance of the day in striking style. Because although we have provided flowers for hundreds of Everett and Seattle area weddings -only one wedding is yours. Let’s make it special.